Drug Rehab Washington: Getting Help for Addiction
Drug abuse is a widespread problem across the United States, but each state has its unique challenges. Washington State, home to about 7.5 million residents, has its share of problems with substance abuse. In recent years, there has been an alarming surge in drug-related deaths in Washington. The state has implemented new laws and tightened regulations to manage the crisis. Addiction treatment centers in Washington are some of the best in the country and offer holistic rehabilitation programs to support long-term recovery. Drug rehab in Washington includes a wide range of treatments, such as detox, CBT, DBT therapy, and relapse prevention with sober community living to help recovering addicts achieve lasting sobriety.
If you’re looking for a Washington rehab, then you’ve come to the right place. Discover Recovery is uniquely positioned in very close proximity to many of the great things that the Evergreen State has to offer. From coastal cliffs to lush green forests and majestic mountains, you’ll find much to love at our Washington drug rehab.
Holistic Addiction Treatment
Located in Long Beach, Discover Recovery is our Washington rehab for alcoholism and drug addiction treatment. We offer Medical Detox, Residential, Young Adult, and Aftercare Programs, comprised of only evidence-based therapies and techniques.
Rather than simply addressing the symptoms or effects of addiction, our person-centered approach means that we treat the whole client — body, mind, and soul.
Substance Abuse in Washington State
In keeping with nationwide trends, drug and alcohol abuse in Washington has been rising in the past couple of decades. Direct access to Canada and the Pacific Ocean has made Washington vulnerable to drug imports. Listed below are some of the statistics that demonstrate the gravity of the problem and the need for effective drug rehabs in Washington. Even at a rate that’s lower than the national average, a total of 742 people died from opioid-related overdoses in 2017 in Washington State.
Trends in Opioid Addiction in Washington State
- In the decade and a half leading up to 2016, crime lab data showed a 134 percent increase in opioid abuse.
- Between 2002 and 2015, there was a 257 percent rise in drug treatment admissions at publicly-funded drug rehab centers in Washington.
- In 2015 alone, 692 people in Washington died of opioid-related causes.
Methamphetamine Abuse in Washington
- There were 89 deaths attributed to methamphetamine abuse in 2003. By 2018, this number had risen to 531 deaths per year.
- Crime lab cases involving methamphetamines increased from 45 percent in 2002 to 62 percent in 2018.
- Treatment admissions in publicly funded drug rehabs in Washington with methamphetamine as the primary drug were 797 in 2008 and 633 in 2015.
Heroin Addiction in Washington
- There were 328 deaths involving heroin in Washington in the year 2018.
- In 2014, heroin-linked fatal overdoses rose dramatically by 58 percent in the Seattle area, the biggest increase in drug-associated deaths in nearly two decades.
- Crime lab cases involving heroin increased from 738 in 2002 to 2894 in 2018.
Cannabis (Marijuana) Laws in Washington
In 2012, initiative marijuana was legalized in Washington with the following restrictions:
- Only adults age 21 and above can legally purchase and possess marijuana.
- There are purchase limits on various forms of marijuana.
- Marijuana can only be sold and purchased at state-licensed stores with a valid photo ID.
- Consumption of marijuana in public view is illegal.
- Driving under the influence of marijuana is illegal.
- Taking marijuana outside the state of Washington is illegal and can result in significant penalties.
Affordable or Free Drug Rehab in Washington
One of the biggest hurdles to addiction treatment is affordability. For many people, drug rehab is cost-prohibitive. Inpatient addiction treatment facilities that offer comprehensive rehab programs including detox and DBT therapy can cost thousands of dollars per month. Outpatient drug rehab is less expensive and less disruptive to the recovering addict’s life, but can still be unaffordable for many people. State-funded addiction treatment for substance use disorders in Washington is available, but waiting lists are typical. Priority is given to pregnant women, new mothers, youth, and parents involved with Child Protective Services.
Effective Drug Rehab in Washington
People struggling with an addiction to drugs or alcohol need a holistic treatment approach that supports physical, psychological, and spiritual healing. Effective drug rehab programs in Washington include the following modalities of addiction treatment:
- A comprehensive intake assessment to identify the recovering addict’s unique circumstances and triggers.
- An individualized addiction treatment plan tailored to the needs of each patient.
- Care management and involvement of family members and friends during the recovery process.
- Medically-supervised detox and management of withdrawal symptoms.
- Behavioral therapies such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT therapy), and motivational interviewing (MI).
- Aftercare and relapse prevention programs including sober community living.
Dual Diagnosis Drug Rehab in Washington
Dual diagnosis drug rehab facilities in Washington offer addiction treatment for individuals with co-occurring substance use and mental health issues. Some of these drug rehabilitation centers consist of luxury inpatient facilities located on scenic campuses. Men and women are usually housed in separate buildings and there is often a sober community center on-site. Residents receive individual and group therapy along with 12-step programs and relapse prevention. Experienced psychiatrists work in conjunction with dedicated addiction treatment experts to help recovering addicts make the transition to life after rehab.
Outpatient Drug Rehab in Washington
State-certified outpatient alcohol and drug rehab facilities allow greater flexibility and more affordable addiction treatment to recovering addicts with minimal disruption to daily life. Intensive outpatient programs and partial hospitalization programs include detox, individual and group therapy, CBT, DBT, and relapse prevention that is offered over several weeks to months. Many of these outpatient addiction treatment centers in Washington offer court-mandated alcohol and drug rehab, for example, for DUI charges. Essentially, the legal system forces a person to get help as part of their probation or sentencing.
Addiction Treatment in Washington
The annual cost of substance abuse in the United States is to the tune of $500 billion. it is one of the costliest health problems in the nation. State spending on addiction and substance abuse in Washington is estimated to be several billion dollars, with a large percentage of the costs going toward health and justice issues. Because the cost of substance abuse is so high and its impact on society so severe, Washington drug rehab centers play an extremely important role in overcoming these various challenges. Addiction treatment facilities in the state offer holistic inpatient and outpatient programs with detox, psychotherapy services (DBT therapy), and sober communities to help recovering addicts regain a healthier lifestyle. There are dozens of options to meet the needs of every recovering addict and help them achieve lasting recovery.
Drug and Alcohol Treatment in Western Washington
Over 75 percent of the state’s population lives in Western Washington where cities such as Seattle, Olympia, and Bellingham are located. When you’re looking for a drug rehab for yourself or a loved one in Western Washington, Discover Recovery is an ideal contender for a couple important reasons.
First, Discover Recovery is located on the western coast of Washington State, less than 200 miles from the Seattle-Tacoma area. Off Long Beach, just a half-mile from the Discover Recovery, there’s whale-watching, kite-flying, and the world’s longest beach, which is one of the Seven Wonders of Washington and perfect for relaxing and taking in the scenery.
Our nationally licensed and accredited addiction treatment programs change lives every single day. While some may wonder whether they need to travel away from Seattle or Tacoma to go to rehab, it’s important to note that there are actually some benefits to finding treatment away from home.