Inpatient Alcohol Rehab Washington: Finding Alcoholism Treatment Nearby
If you or a loved one has developed problems with drinking excessively, help is available at top-rated rehabs in Washington State. You don’t have to limit yourself to Alcoholics Anonymous. There is a surprisingly large number of choices available to you, including inpatient alcohol treatment as well as outpatient programs. However, we understand that it can be overwhelming to choose the best rehab in Washington State. In this article, we talk about some of the things you should look for in an inpatient alcohol rehab in Washington State.
Levels of Care for Alcohol Use Disorder
The American Society of Addiction Medicine defines various levels of care for substance use disorders, including alcohol.
- Outpatient programs consist of regular visits to a facility for medication management, counseling, or both.
- Partial hospitalization or intensive outpatient programs at rehabs in Washington state offer multidisciplinary coordinated care for more complex substance use disorders.
- An inpatient program at rehab in Washington State is delivered at a residential facility where the recovering addict resides for several weeks.
- Intensive inpatient alcohol treatment is a high-intensity program consisting of 24-hour medically-managed care, including withdrawal management.
How do you know which is the best rehab in Washington State? Why not start by learning what happens during inpatient treatment for alcoholism.
What Happens During Inpatient Alcohol Treatment?
Alcohol takes a heavy toll on not only the health and quality of life of the affected individual but also their loved ones. Alcohol use disorder affects more than 14 million American adults and is one of the leading causes of preventable deaths in the United States. More than 85,000 people die from alcohol-related causes each year. These statistics underline the importance of seeking treatment at an alcohol rehab in Washington State promptly.
Inpatient alcohol treatment is highly effective in helping alcoholics achieve long-term sobriety. The treatment typically lasts 30, 60, or 90 days depending on the severity of the addiction and the presence of co-occurring mental health issues like depression, anxiety, or PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder).
When a person first enters treatment at alcohol rehabs in Washington State, they undergo a thorough medical evaluation and mental health assessment. For treatment to be effective, it’s important to be honest about alcohol use during this initial intake evaluation. Based on the information provided and the person’s physical examination and laboratory investigations, the medical team at Discover Recovery rehab in Washington State develops an individualized treatment plan. It’s worth noting that the best rehab in Washington State will create a customized treatment plan that will address the client’s unique healthcare needs.
The first step in inpatient alcohol treatment is usually detox and withdrawal management. The medical team at Discover Recovery, one of the leading rehabs in Washington State, utilizes various medications to ease alcohol withdrawal symptoms and ensure the patient safely comes off alcohol.
The second phase of inpatient alcohol treatment is counseling and behavioral therapy, which consists of individual, group, and family therapy, peer support meetings, medication management, and aftercare planning.
Benefits of Inpatient Alcohol Treatment
Before you identify the best rehab in Washington State, you should understand some of the advantages of inpatient alcohol treatment, such as:
- Inpatient rehab for alcoholism consists of a highly structured program with very little free time, ensuring that recovering addicts have no time to think about drinking.
- Inpatient alcohol rehab at Discover Recovery includes 24/7 support from experts in addiction medicine, including board-certified physicians and registered nurses, increasing the chances of recovery.
- Clients undergoing inpatient rehab for alcohol do not have access to alcohol, reducing the risk of relapse.
- Clients are removed from the distractions and stressors of daily life as well as from negative influences (for example, former drinking buddies) during their stay at Discover Recovery, an inpatient alcohol rehab in Washington State. This allows recovering alcoholics to focus fully on recovery and healing themselves.
- Inpatient rehabs in Washington State provide medical supervision during withdrawal from alcohol, thereby ensuring prompt attention from physicians should any medical complications occur.
- Inpatient rehabs typically offer a wider range of therapy options compared to outpatient programs.
- Clients have the benefit of peer support from people going through similar challenges.
Now that you know how beneficial inpatient alcohol treatment can be, let’s find out how to choose the best rehab in Washington State.
What to Look for at an Alcohol Rehab in Washington State
The first thing you should look for in an inpatient rehab center is the treatment programs they offer. Treatment for alcoholism is a highly specialized branch of medicine that involves intensive medical care and medication management. Top-rated rehabs in Washington State offer individualized treatment plans that address the client’s unique problems and treat the person as a whole. At Discover Recovery, we approach inpatient alcohol rehab with a holistic approach. Our multidisciplinary team treats not only alcohol addiction but also any co-occurring mental health issues, such as depression, PTSD, or bipolar disorder. We offer multiple levels of care and tailor our programs to help each client achieve lasting sobriety.
The next thing to look for at an inpatient rehab in Washington State is amenities, such as housing facilities, food quality, recreational spaces, and opportunities for experiential therapy. Discover Recovery, a leading rehab center in the state, is located in scenic Long Beach, Washington. We have comfortable single- and double-occupancy rooms that feel like home and in-house chefs who prepare nutritious, healthy, delicious meals. There are spacious common areas for clients to socialize and develop new friendships and connections with peers.
Last but not least, when you’re looking for the best rehab in Washington State, don’t forget to check monetary policies, including payment options, insurance accepted, and financial support offered. At Discover Recovery, we believe everyone should have access to the best inpatient alcohol treatment, and we work with some of the top insurance providers in the country. Our intake coordinators will work with you to figure out your insurance coverage and develop a payment plan that works for you.
If you or someone you love needs inpatient treatment for excessive drinking, get in touch with Discover Recovery today. Our holistic treatment program will give you the best chance to heal your mind, body, and soul, overcome alcoholism, and achieve long-term sobriety.